Driving while Licence Suspended Under Infringements Act 2006
– section 30AA of the Road Safety Act 1986
- Someone has not paid their speeding fines and has their license suspended. They drive their car and are pulled over by the Police.
- Your licence was not suspended at the time you drove.
- You had a reasonable belief that you had a licence.
Questions that are asked in cases like this:
- When was your license suspended?
- Did you drive on a highway while your license was suspended?
Maximum penalty and court that deals with this chargeThe maximum penalty for this offence is a fine of 10 penalty units.
This driving is the sort of charge heard in the Magistrates’ Court.
What is the legal definition of Driving While Exceeding the Prescribed Concentration of Alcohol (Section 49.1.B)?Driving a motor vehicle on a highway while your licence is suspended under the Infringements Act.
The LawThe section that covers this offence is section 30AA of the Road Safety Act 1986.
“Did you drive while your licence was suspended?”
Other Important Resources
- Infringements Act 2006
- Driving While Licence Suspended Under Infringements Act 2006
- Licence Suspensions