Driving while Licence Suspended Under Infringements Act 2006
– section 30AA of the Road Safety Act 1986
This offence occurs when your licence is suspended because of non-payment of fines. And you drive a vehicle
Examples of Driving While Licence Suspended Under Infringements Act 2006
- Someone has not paid their speeding fines and has their license suspended. They drive their car and are pulled over by the Police.
What are some of the possible defences to a charge of Driving While Licence Suspended Under Infringements Act 2006?
- Your licence was not suspended at the time you drove.
- You had a reasonable belief that you had a licence.
There are other possible defences, depending on the circumstances surrounding the alleged offending. Each matter is unique and requires an individual approach and strategy.
Questions that are asked in cases like this:
- When was your license suspended?
- Did you drive on a highway while your license was suspended?
Maximum penalty and Court that deals with this charge
The maximum penalty for this offence is a fine of 10 penalty units.
This driving is the sort of charge heard in the Magistrates’ Court.
“Did you drive while your licence was suspended?”
What is the legal definition of Driving While Exceeding the Prescribed Concentration of Alcohol (Section 49.1.B)?
Driving a motor vehicle on a highway while your licence is suspended under the Infringements Act.
The section that covers this offence is section 30AA of the Road Safety Act 1986.1
What can you be sentenced to for this charge?
If found guilty of this offence you will receive a fine or a Community Corrections Order.
Other Important Resources
- Infringements Act 2006
- Traffic Lawyers Melbourne: Driving while licence suspended under Infringements Act 2006
- Driving While Licence Suspended Under Infringements Act 2006
- Licence Suspensions
- Dismissing Drive Whilst Suspended
- Drive Whilst Suspended – Honest and Reasonable Belief
- Drive While Suspended – No Order Against Licence
- Appeal Against Sentence for Driving Charges
- Multiple Drug and Other Charges – CCO
 Road Safety Act 1986 – Section 30AA
Penalty: 10 penalty units.