Have You Been Charged with A Sex Offence?
Sexual offending can vary from indecent assault, rape, sexual penetration of a child, incest or producing child pornography.
Clink on the links below to read further legal information regarding specific sexual offence charges and sex crime penalties as well as real case studies with actual results, all written by lawyers in Melbourne who have successfully defended cases involving sexual charges.
Sex offences are very complex and rely on versions of events. For people who are pleading guilty there is a lot of preparation that can be done that will help to put your offending in proper context. For those pleading not guilty (which means fighting the allegations against them) Doogue + George criminal defence lawyers are a firm who run and win a lot of jury trials on sex cases. Our experience is that the key to fighting sex charges is preparation.
Facing an allegation of sexual assault can be very stressful. If you are seeking information about what to expect when dealing with any type of sexual allegation, we have prepared a brochure detailing relevant important information that would be very useful.
The document will open as a PDF in a new tab. To save the document, select ‘Save File As…’ from the File menu.
A sex charge has serious consequences, including being placed on the Sex Offender Register, which has a lasting impact after you have served your sentence, often for the rest of your life. Everything must be done properly in defending your case to give you the best chance of getting the best possible result.
Some issues in sex cases that run to trial are
(depending on the charge);
- Was there consent to what happened?
- When did they first complain and to who?
- Have they made a compensation claim?
- Can we separate the trials in relation to different complainants?
- What evidence can we lead about behaviour inconsistent with the complaint?
Sexual Offence Charges
Clink on the links below to read further legal information regarding specific sexual offence charges:
- Abduction of a Child Under the Age of 16 for a Sexual Purpose
- Abduction or Detention for a Sexual Purpose
- Administration of Drugs for a Sexual Purpose
- Assault with Intent to Commit a Sexual Offence
- Compelling Sexual Penetration
- Distribution of Intimate Image
- Furnish False or Misleading Information (Sex Offender Registry)
- Indecent Act In the Presence of a Child Under the Age of 16
- Indecent Assault Lawyers Melbourne
- Intentionally Visually Capture Another Person’s Genital or Anal Region
- Involving a Child in the Production of Child Abuse Material
- Loitering Near Schools By a Sexual Offender
- Offence of Failing to Comply With Reporting Obligations (Sex Offender Registry)
- Persistent Sexual Abuse of a Child Under 16
- Possession of Child Abuse Material
- Procuring a Sexual Act By Fraud
- Procuring a Sexual Act By Threat
- Procuring Sexual Penetration By Threats or Fraud
- Procuring Sexual Penetration of a Child
- Production of Child Pornography
- Rape Lawyers
- Sexual Activity Directed at Another Person
- Sexual Assault By Compelling Sexual Touching
- Sexual Assault Lawyers Melbourne
- Sexual Exposure
- Sexual Offences – Persons With a Cognitive Impairment By Providers of Special Programs
- Sexual Offences Against Persons With a Cognitive Impairment By Doctors etc.
- Sexual Penetration of 16 or 17 Year Old Child
- Sexual Penetration of a Child Under 16
- Sexual Servitude
- Threat to Commit Sexual Offence
- Threat to Distribute Intimate Image