Have you been charged with a criminal offence?
Below you can click to a box to read information about how you defend crimes in Victoria. Our articles will help you with information, covering:
- What is the law about a crime?
- What is the maximum penalty you could get?
- What do the police need to prove for a crime?
- What are the defences to these charges?
- Which court will I be going to?
Important things to think about if you are facing charges
The first is to get an understanding of the process you will be involved in.
Secondly understand what the penalty for an offence is and what are the elements of that offence. The elements are the building blocks of the offence that the Prosecution have to choose. A expert criminal lawyer will be able to explain this to you straight away.
If you are facing charges then contact Doogue + George now on (03) 9670 5111.