Have you been charged with a family violence offence?
If you are facing Family Violence charges or offences related to an Intervention Order, you may have some concerns about how this will affect you. Select from the links below to help you understand the charges laid against you.
Some issues in family violence cases are;
- Whose version of events is the truth?
These types of matters are usually private and it often comes down to oath on oath. There is also, commonly, a history of the person with the intervention order making contact with the accused when they should not be.
- How did it end like this?
These charges frequently arise out of relationships that have been going well to this point. It is important to explain what has gone wrong to the Judge so they can understand your point of view.
- How do we show the Court it is not going to happen again?
This is crucial in situations where there have been ongoing breaches of intervention orders. The Court needs to know its orders will be followed and what steps you have taken to change your behaviour.
Our lawyers deal with family violence and intervention order matters on a daily basis. We understand the law and how it applies to defending these charges. Contact our lawyers to help you fight these charges or get you back on the right track.
Clink on the links below to read further legal information regarding specific family violence or intervention order charges:
- Breach of an Intervention Order
- Contravene Family Counselling Order
- Contravene Family Violence Intervention Order
- Contravene Family Violence Intervention Order Intending to Cause Harm or Fear
- Contravene Family Violence Safety Notice
- Persistent Contravention of Family Violence Intervention Order or Notices
If you have been charged with a family violence related offence and need advice or legal representation, call 03 9670 5111 or fill out the form to the right of this page to contact an experienced lawyer.
Can’t find the offence you’re looking for? Check out our alphabetised list of all the criminal offences on our site.