Have you been charged with a drug-related criminal charge?
Here you will find extensive information about drugs charges and drugs cases including the law in Victoria, penalties and cases we have defended. Drugs charges range from possession of a drug of dependence, trafficking drugs, trafficking a commercial quantity of drugs, cultivation of a drug of dependence, cultivation of a commercial quantity of drugs or using a drug of dependence. The law on drug charges vary depending on many factors that include quantities and intention of use. Some issues in drugs cases are;
- What amount of drugs was there in reality?
- Was drug use a major part of the reason for the offending?
- What is being done to show that you are turning your life around?
- Cultivation of Narcotic Plants – Commercial Quantity
- Cultivation of Narcotic Plants – Large Commercial Quantity
- Cultivation of Narcotic Plants (Non-Commercial Quantity)
- Forging Prescriptions and Orders for Drugs of Dependence
- Introduction of a Drug of Dependence Into the Body of Another Person
- Obtaining Drugs of Dependence by False Representation
- Possess Drug of Dependence
- Possession of Precursor Chemicals
- Possession of Substance etc for Trafficking in a Drug of Dependence
- Possession of Tablet Press
- Supply of Drug of Dependence to a Child
- Trafficking Drugs of Dependence Large Commercial Quantity
- Trafficking in a Drug of Dependence
- Trafficking in a Drug of Dependence to a Child
- Trafficking in a Drug or Drugs of Dependence (Commercial Quantity)
- Use of a Drug of Dependence
Further information relating to specific drugs:
- Cannabis Charges
- Heroin Charges
- Ecstasy Charges
- Amphetamines Charges
- Cocaine Charges
- LSD Charges
- Ketamine Charges
- Other Drug Charges
The following table outlines specific quantities for drugs as follows:
Doogue + George have appeared in some of the largest drug cases to appear before the Courts in Victoria. We also appear often for clients who have been charged with personal use of drugs, achieving great results and often helping them to turn their lives around.
Can’t find the offence you’re looking for? Check out our alphabetised list of all the criminal offences on our site.