Drug Trafficking and Possession of Drug of Dependence and Controlled Weapon
This is a case study on drug trafficking and possession of drug of dependence and controlled weapon.
Our client was charged with Trafficking in a Drug of Dependence together with related charges of drug possession and possession of a controlled weapon. He was found in possession of the drug ice and the police seized his mobile phone for analysis. The Police relied heavily on text messages to demonstrate that trafficking had taken place.
We acted on behalf of the client at the Broadmeadows Magistrates’ Court. The charges were:
Through negotiations with the prosecution, we were able to secure the withdrawal of the Trafficking charge, leaving the Possession charges only. The client ultimately received a good behaviour bond following oral submissions made on his behalf during the plea. More importantly, this sentence was imposed without conviction which makes it an excellent result for a case that involves drug trafficking and possession of drug of dependence and controlled weapon.
Elements of Trafficking in a Drug of Dependence:
- The accused trafficks or attempts to traffick in a drug of dependence
- The accused was not authorised or licensed to do so
Other related case studies:
- Trafficking, Possess Drug of Dependence – Good Behaviour Bond, No Conviction
- Withdrawing a Trafficking Charge
- Withdrawing Trafficking Charges and Handling Stolen Goods
- Conspiracy to Traffick, Possess Drug of Dependence, Trafficking – Charges Withdrawn
- Trafficking – Fine, Use Drug of Dependence – Good Behaviour Bond
DISCLAIMER: This is a real case study of an actual case from our files. Details pertaining to the client have been changed to protect their privacy. The sentence imposed and the charge have not been altered. These case studies are published to demonstrate real outcomes and give an indication of possible tariffs in Court. We do not guarantee a similar case on these charges will get the same result. Please note that we post results at our discretion, therefore while many case studies are average results, others are notable for their exceptional outcomes. PUBLISHED 27/03/2019