Introduction of a Drug of Dependence Into the Body of Another Person
– section 74 of the Drugs, Poisons and Controlled Substances Act 1981
What is the legal definition of Introduction of a Drug of Dependence into the Body of Another Person?A person introduces or attempts to introduce a drug into another person’s body.
“Did you administer drugs to someone else?”
LegislationThe section that covers this offence is section 74 of the Drugs, Poisons and Controlled Substances Act 1981.
- You did not give anyone drugs.
- You are legally authorised to administer the drug and the administration was lawful.
Questions in cases like this
- Did you put drugs into someone else’s body?
- Can they prove you gave someone else drugs?