Falsification of documents
Falsification of Documents is when documents are forged in order to get someone else to do something.
- A 16 year old girl makes a false ID to get into over 18 clubs.
- A man has a machine that makes fake passports.
- A woman makes a fake bank statement to get a loan.
- No documents were forged.
- There was no knowledge that the documents were false.
- No damage was caused by any false documents.
Questions in cases like this
- Did you forge any documents?
- Can they prove that you forged documents?
- Was anyone affected by the false documents?
Maximum penalty and court that deals with this charge
The maximum penalty for Falsification of Documents (s83A of the Crimes Act 1958) is level 5 imprisonment (10 years).
This is a strictly indictable charge which means that your case must be heard in the County Court.