Client Referral Form

  • Person Assisting With Application
  • Client Details
  • Optional
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Youth Referral Form

Doogue + George is a specialist criminal law firm which places an emphasis on obtaining positive outcomes for young people who encounter the criminal justice system.

This includes a lawyer located at our Broadmeadows office with qualifications in Youth Work. Doogue + George covers all the northern metropolitan area, with offices in Sunshine, Broadmeadows, Heidelberg and Melbourne CBD. We also appear in all Victorian Courts.

What is this referral form?

Our intention is to simplify the process for services referring young people who are arrested and charged by Police. This includes making applications for legal aid, providing legal advice and representation at court.

What if my client has been arrested?

If your client has been arrested, we run a 24-hour 7 day a week Police interview advice line (03 9670 5111). If your client is then charged by Police, we follow this up for you and undertake to apply for bail (if appropriate) or book the young person in for an appointment at first availability.

What happens after my referral is submitted?

If your referral is submitted during business hours – in most cases the New Client Manager will return your call or contact the young person immediately and book in an appointment to see one of our lawyers. Alternatively, if its outside business hours we will contact you at the first opportunity the following day.

Provided you have a release of information, we can also keep you up to date on how the matter is proceeding.

What about Legal Aid?

If your referral is accepted, we undertake all the work required to obtain a grant of legal aid.

Can a young person submit their own referral?


What if its a serious criminal offence?

We take on all matters and have experienced lawyers who deal with the full range of offences.

What don’t you do?

Generally, we take all criminal matters. However, we don’t accept matters in the following areas.

  • Fine Disputes / CAYPINS
  • Public Transport or Traffic Fines

If you have issues in these areas – please contact Youth Law by visiting their website.