Interfere with Corpse of a Human being
Interfere with Corpse of a Human Being is when someone either does something sexually to a corpse or takes away body parts from a corpse.
- A man breaks into a Mortuary and has sex with the corpse of a woman.
- A woman digs up the grave of her husband and removes his body parts to bury in her backyard.
- You did not interfere with a corpse.
- You did not intentionally interfere with a corpse.
- The interference was for the purposes of a medical or scientific procedure.
Questions in cases like this
- Did you interfere with a corpse?
- Can they prove you interfered with a corpse?
Maximum penalty and court that deals with this charge
The maximum penalty for Interfere with Corpse of a Human Being (s34B of the Crimes Act 1958) is level 6 imprisonment (5 years).
This charge may be heard in the Magistrates’ Court or the County Court.
What is the legal definition of Interfere with Corpse of a Human Being?The Prosecution must show that the accused interfered with or committed an indecent act with the corpse of a human being, or the accused removed body parts from the corpse of a human being.
“Did you do something to a corpse?”