Have you been charged with a weapons charge such as possessing an unlawful weapon?
Here you will find information about weapons offences and weapons penalties as well as real case studies with actual results. You may also be interested to read about firearms offences that come under the firearms charges category.
Common weapons charges include possessing a knife or another unlawful weapon.
Some issues in weapons cases are;
- Was there a lawful excuse for possessing the weapon?
- When did they first complain and to who?
- How did it end up in your possession?
Clink on the links below to read further legal information regarding specific weapons charges:
- Ammunition – Possessing, Acquiring or Carrying
- Control of Body Armour
- Control of Use of Dangerous Articles
- Possessing a Longarm Without License
- Possessing an Unregistered Long Arm
- Possessing Certain Types of Handguns
- Possessing Controlled Weapon
- Possessing Trafficable Quantity of Unregistered Firearms
- Possessing, Carrying or Using a Handgun Without a Licence (Non-Prohibited Person)
- Possessing, Using, or Carrying an Unregistered Handgun
- Prohibited Person Possessing Firearms
- Prohibited Weapons
- Using Firearms to Resist Arrest
If you have been charged with a weapons offence and need advice or legal representation, call 03 9670 5111 or fill out the form to the right of this page to contact an experienced lawyer.
Can’t find the offence you’re looking for? Check out our alphabetised list of all the criminal offences on our site.