If you have been charged with a federal or Commonwealth offence, you need advice from Melbourne’s expert federal offence lawyers.
Get the best possible result.
Commonwealth or Federal offences relate commonly to Centrelink fraud or obtaining a financial advantage by deception from Centrelink.
Information relating to Centrelink charges:
- Centrelink Fraud and Commonwealth Legislation
- Information about Centrelink Fraud Charges
- Defending Centrelink Fraud Charges
Other Commonwealth or Federal Offences
The Commonwealth Department of Public Prosecutions also lay Commonwealth charges in a broad number of areas. Covering terrorism or importing drugs, to charges relating to businesses and companies or customs.
If you have been charged with an offence against the Commonwealth, you need expert advice. Federal law is a specific area of law, so you need an lawyer experienced in dealing with Commonwealth prosecutions. Doogue + George has served as criminal lawyers in Melbourne for the main accused in the longest running Commonwealth criminal prosecution. Our comprehensive familiarity with their systems (such as the Promis database they use for large briefs) gives us a distinct advantage in Commonwealth charges as well as an understanding of material they will not have provided you.
Clink on the links below to read further legal information regarding specific Commonwealth charges:
- Collecting Or Making Documents Likely To Facilitate Terrorist Acts
- Corrupting Benefits Given To, or Received By, a Commonwealth Public Official
- Destroying or Damaging Commonwealth Property
- Directing the Activities of a Terrorist Organisation
- Dishonestly Cause a Loss
- Dishonestly Obtain a Financial Advantage (Centrelink Fraud)
- Failure to Answer Questions When Attending Before the Commissioner
- Failure to Comply with Requirements Under Taxation Law
- False or Misleading Information
- Getting Funds to, from or for a Terrorist Organisation
- Importing And Exporting Border Controlled Precursors
- Importing and Exporting Commercial Quantities Of Border Controlled Drugs Or Border Controlled Plants
- Interfering With Political Liberty
- Membership of a Terrorist Organisation
- Obstruction of Commonwealth Public Official
- Obtain a Financial Advantage By Deception (Commonwealth – Centrelink Charge)
- Obtaining Property By Deception – Commonwealth
- Other Acts Done In Preparation For, or Planning, Terrorist Acts
- Possessing Controlled Drugs
- Possessing Controlled Precursors
- Possessing Marketable Quantities of Unlawfully Imported Border Controlled Drugs or Border Controlled Plants
- Possessing Things Connected with Terrorist Attacks
- Possessing Unlawfully Imported Border Controlled Drugs or Border Controlled Plants
- Providing or Receiving Training Connected with Terrorist Acts
- Recruiting for a Terrorist Organisation
- Supplying Drugs to Children
- Terrorist Acts
- Theft – Commonwealth
- Unauthorised Access, Modification Or Impairment With Intent To Commit A Serious Offence
- Unauthorised Impairment Of Electronic Communication (Commonwealth)
- Unauthorised Modification of Data to Cause Impairment (Commonwealth)
Can’t find the offence you’re looking for? Check out our alphabetised list of all the criminal offences on our site.