If you are looking for the best criminal lawyers in Melbourne then Criminal Law Specialists are the lawyers you should be looking for. A criminal law specialist is awarded that title by the Law Institute of Victoria (LIV). The logo to the right can only be displayed by Accredited Specialist Criminal Lawyers. Doogue + George has eight (8) expert Melbourne criminal law specialists. We have more criminal law specialists than any other Melbourne criminal law firm :
- Bill Doogue
- Andrew George
- Kristina Kothrakis
- Dee Giannopoulos
- Una Ebsworth
- Sophie Parsons
- Isabelle Skaburskis
- Ophelia Hollway
We value our lawyers being specialists as it shows you that they are of the highest quality.
LIV Accredited Specialist Criminal Lawyers need the following:
- Current Practising Certificate.
- Five years full-time practice.
- A substantial involvement in the area of criminal law specialisation during the three years prior to application. At least 25% of normal full time practice.
- References from other professionals.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of knowledge.
- Capacity to apply that knowledge in practice as top criminal lawyers.
Our assessment as the best criminal lawyers is by the following:
- Formal written examination
- Assignments based on mock files
- Drafting exercises
- Simulated interviews or practical advocacy exercises
- Examples of candidates’ work
You are made a specialist for a period of three years, after which a Specialist Criminal Lawyer must apply to the Specialisation Board again.
We can guarantee that a Melbourne criminal law specialist, if you choose, will handle your case. Call us now on (03) 9670 5111 to discuss your case.