If you are looking for the best criminal lawyers in Melbourne then Criminal Law Specialists are the lawyers you should be looking for. A criminal law specialist is awarded that title by the Law Institute of Victoria (LIV). The logo to the right can only be displayed by Accredited Specialist Criminal Lawyers. Doogue O’Brien George has eight expert Melbourne criminal law specialists. We have more criminal law specialists than any other Melbourne criminal law firm :
We value our lawyers being specialists as it shows you that they are of the highest quality.
LIV Accredited Specialist Criminal Lawyers need the following:
- Current Practising Certificate.
- Five years full-time practice.
- A substantial involvement in the area of criminal law specialisation during the three years prior to application. At least 25% of normal full time practice.
- References from other professionals.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of knowledge.
- Capacity to apply that knowledge in practice as top criminal lawyers.
Our assessment as the best criminal lawyers is by the following:
- Formal written examination
- Assignments based on mock files
- Drafting exercises
- Simulated interviews or practical advocacy exercises
- Examples of candidates’ work
You are made a specialist for a period of three years, after which a Specialist Criminal Lawyer must apply to the Specialisation Board again.
We can guarantee that a Melbourne criminal law specialist, if you choose, will handle your case. Call us now on (03) 9670 5111 to discuss your case.